On a site that has been upgraded from 2010 to 2013, users are getting an error when clicking on the down-arrow on a list item. The error is "This item is no longer available. It may have been deleted by another user. Click 'OK' to refresh the page."
The drop-down arrow is a clue... during the upgrade, it should have converted itself to the ellipsis. When clicking the drop-down, it is actually referencing a file does not exist in 2013.
There were many solutions I found on the Web, some included opening SharePoint Designer and hiding the corrupted view, some involved adding a file that the drop-down is looking for to the server. In the end, I found those unnecessarily complicated. This are the steps I took.
- Rename the corrupted view from Active.aspx -> Active2.aspx. (mine was a tasks list) At this point, you will not have the option to delete the view.
- Create a new view called Active and choose the same options as the old one.
- Delete the old view.