For example, I have a custom list that serves as a request form. The manager has to approve the request, so I have a workflow that gets the manager of the person who needs the item (who is not necessarily the person who is submitting the request). I then query LDAP to find the manager and store that in a field in the custom list. So, when users fill out the form, the field is not there. When they view the item, I would like them to be able to see it.
- Open the SharePoint item form with InfoPath (on the list ribbon, click on Customize Form)
- Click on the Page Design tab in InfoPath, then choose the new View button.
- Give the view a name, then click on OK.
- Make any changes you would like to the form. In my case, I added back in the Manager field so that it can be viewed.
- Click on the File tab in InfoPath and choose Form Options.
- In the Display View section, choose the view you just made in the drop-down.