Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

SharePoint 2010 SP1 Configuration Failed: The exclusive inplace upgrader timer job failed.

Symptom:
These errors appear in the upgrade logs after a configuration of SP1 and the corresponding June CUs of SharePoint Server 2010.
ERR The exclusive inplace upgrader timer job failed.
ERR An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.PostSetupConfigurationTaskException was thrown.  Additional exception information: Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products.
Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.PostSetupConfigurationTaskException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.PostSetupConfigurationTaskException' was thrown.
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.UpgradeTask.Run()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.TaskThread.ExecuteTask() 

ERR Task upgrade has failed

Solution:
I completely ignored these errors and just ran the configuration a second time on each front end.  Magic.  I am sure if I devoted time to this I could figure out what happened.  If someone knows, feel free to comment.  I didn't want to devote any time to figuring out an error that I moved past so easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment