To find the full URL of a site from its GUID (when you have the database GUID):
- Find out which database it is in: Go to Central Administration, Operations, Servers in Farm
- Note the name of the configuration database and the database server
- On the database instance for SharePont, execute the following command (replacing the Name_of_Config_DB and the GUID_of_Database with the items noted from the previous step):
SELECT ID, Name
FROM [Name_of_Config_DB].[dbo].[Objects]WHERE ID = ' GUID_of_Database'
With the name of the content database, you can run another SQL query to get the name of the Web site:
- SELECT [Id], [SiteId], [FullUrl]
FROM [Name_of_Content_DB].[dbo].[Objects]WHERE ID = 'GUID_of_Site_Collection'
- You can also perform an sts command to find the GUIDs of all sites within a content database to match the GUID: sts adm -o enumallwebs -databasename name_of_database
- (replace name_of_database with the name of your database)