Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Event ID 7888 Office SharePoint Server

I got this message on the Search server:
A runtime exception was detected. Details follow.
Message: Could not find stored procedure 'proc_ar_BumpCacheInvalidationCounter'.
Techinal Details:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'proc_ar_BumpCacheInvalidationCounter'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Microsoft.Office.Server.Data.SqlSession.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlCommand command)
at Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.MetadataModel.DataAccess.AbstractMaterializer.DistributedCacheInvalidate(Type metadataObjectType, Boolean objectCache)
at Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.MetadataModel.DataAccess.AbstractMaterializer.DistributedCacheInvalidate()
at Microsoft.Office.Server.ApplicationRegistry.Infrastructure.SqlSessionProvider.SetSharedResourceProviderToUse(String sharedResourceProviderName)
at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.BDCConnector.RefreshConfiguration(String sspName)
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
It was happening when the profiles were trying to sync. In a post here :
http://blogs.msdn.com/echarran/archive/2007/03/06/office-sharepoint-server-eventid-7888.aspx

I found that this error was being caused by the profile databases not syncing.
To find out which databases, I ran this command:
stsadm -o sync -listolddatabases 5
This lists all the the rows that haven't been synced in 5 days. Finally, I ran:
stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases 5
This deleted the information that had not been synched. This does NOT delete content databases. It affects rows in the SSP database only.
- This also solves an issue I had with the changes made in AD not being reflected in the user profile. - It also solves the issue I had where the WSS and MOSS profiles were not syncing, so depending where you looked in the MOSS installation, the user's profile showed different information.

No comments:

Post a Comment